Saturday, August 19, 2023

231. Vitthalrao becomes Mamlatdar (Head of Revenue Administration)

|| Shri Swami Samarth ||

Vitthalrao was the Mamlatdar (Head of Revenue Administration) at Hyderabad and was a devotee of Manik Prabhu

He was under departmental investigation for corruption charges due to his own corruption and had been suspended. When the learned that soon there would be a warrant issued for his arrest, he panicked, and thought, "If I got to Manik Prabhu, I am sure to be caught, but if I go to Akkalkot and seek refuge with Shri Samarth, I will be saved."

That day he immediately set out toward Akkalkot and reached there at night. He went to where Swami was and saw Shri resting surrounded by His attendants who were asleep. He woke Maharaj's attendants and told them who he was, the trouble he was in, and why it was urgent for him to meet Swami.

Just then Swami stood up and in anger said to Vitthalrao, "You perform corrupt acts with joy. When the time comes to pay for your actions you cry."

He continued to roar, "Why have you come to Me? Get lost! Am I your fathers' servant!?"

Vitthalrao paid his obeisance to Shri and prayed, "Maharaj, please forgive me. I am guilty. I promise that henceforth, I will not be corrupt."

"Maharaj, You protect all those who seek refuge at Your feet. I have no one else but You looking over me", said Vitthalrao, and with his head placed on Shri's feet, he began to weep.

Maharaj felt compassion towards him and said, "Go! I forgive you. Remember to act honestly going forward!"

On hearing these words, Vitthalrao's heart was unburdened and he offered his obeisance to Shri Maharaj and extolling the glories of Shri Samarth, he returned to Hyderabad.

Some days later, the internal investigation exonerated him from the corruption charges and he was reinstated to his post of Mamlatdar due to the grace of Shri Swami Samarth.

|| Shri Swami Samarth ||

No comments:

Post a Comment

241. Thousands served food for Datta Jayanti

|| Shri Swami Samarth || One drought year, during the Datta Jayanti festivities, in the month of Margashirsha,  thousands had thronged to ...